NBA 2K20 places VC front-and-center with regard to MyCareer player progression, cosmetic collection and more. So, just like in past years of this controversial sports game, players need lots of VC if they want to see what this feature-packed game truly has to offer. While the game’s publishers at 2K Sports would prefer you purchase everything with microtransactions, here’s a quick cheat sheet to help farm the most VC for free.
NBA 2K20 VC Glitches
VC glitches are popular amongst NBA 2K players, because they’re essentially in-game tricks that help you grind lots of VC in a short amount of time. 2K is pretty vigilant about patching these though, which means not all methods will work for all versions of the game. With that in mind, there are no known good VC glitches as of update 1.02. We’ll update this article with new glitches as they emerge.
Legit & In-Game VC Collection Methods
While we know how depressing it is that there aren’t any true active VC glitches at this time, these in-game methods should help you rack up lots of free VC in no time.
Endorsement Deals: While this isn’t quite a glitch, many of the scene’s top YouTubers have described proper use of Endorsements as the best substitute for one. You’ll earn endorsements fairly often as you progress through MyCareer. If negotiated correctly, these contracts can pay out big.
- Try setting all Endorsements to 10,000 VC per Event Appearance with maximum Incentives and no Store Discount.
- If that doesn’t work, try cutting back or eliminating the Incentives. As you get better, though, start figuring them back into your contracts because they offer big rewards.
- Select your incentives based on the build of your MyPlayer and what you’re good at. If your player is built for Fastbreak Points or Corner Threes, make sure you get paid for those. The reward stacks every single time.
- Now, when you open the MyPlayer nav, be sure to check in with your events. You generally don’t even have to do anything to get your VC from them, but it might be helpful to check in just in case.
- Play on five-minute quarters so the Incentives stack faster and time passes quicker.
- It may be helpful to sim MyCareer games against tough opponents who won’t allow you to reach your Incentives. After all, when it comes to the NBA 2K VC grind, time is money.
Daily Bonuses: Daily Bonuses show up in your nav and offer big VC payouts for simple tasks. For example, you might get as much as 3,000 VC for nailing just one limitless-range three.
Increase Difficulty & Time: Just like previous editions of NBA 2K, NBA 2K20 offers more VC for playing at higher difficulties for a longer period of time. Most average folks will do their grinding on Pro, but, if you don’t mind waiting or working for it, cranking things to Hall of Fame may be just as helpful in certain circumstances.
Play MyCareer Games: Since MyCareer is the primary driver for the VC economy, playing lots of MyCareer gets you lots of money. Here are some gameplay tips to think about in your moment-to-moment action to maximize your VC yield.
- Your VC payout doesn’t necessarily correlate to how much you handle the ball. All that 2K 20 asks is that your MyPlayer do its expected job. Defenders should defend and ball handlers should make clean passes. Play to the strength of your build.
- Use the Pick and Roll effectively, and you’ll get lots of VC.
- Head to the boards for rebounds. If you pass the rock to another player and they score, you’ll get lots of VC.
- Set a screen with B or circle before scoring and you’ll get lots of VC each time.
MyLeague Sims: MyLeague siming has been the focus of VC glitches in the past, and it’s still a very grindy outlet for VC in NBA 2K20. Simply start up a MyLeague season and sim through games until the very last minute. Shoot around a little bit, and you’ll get a small purse of VC for your efforts each time.
MyNBA2K20 App: Even if you don’t plan on truly using the NBA 2K20 companion app, you should probably keep it installed anyway. As long as it’s linked to your platform’s account, you’ll get daily bonuses of around 500 VC just for logging in. Play some games and interact with the app to get even more.
The Stage Ante: This VC collection method is only for experienced players, but skilled fans can bet VC on games at the Stage competitive arena. If you deliver on a big bet, you might get tons of VC. That being said, a bad wager can also cost you just as much. If you’re judicious about how and when you bet, Ante can offer bigger VC purses than anywhere else in the game.
Those are the primary ways to VC grind in NBA 2K20 right now, but we’ll be adding more methods and glitches as they’re discovered.
NBA 2K20 is available now on Xbox One, PS4, Switch and PC. For more help, check out our NBA 2K20 best Badges and best MyPlayer builds guides.
What are your best VC grinding methods for NBA 2K20? How much free VC have you earned? Tell us in the comments section!