Happy 2K day sports gamers! NBA 2K22 officially launched worldwide on both current and next-gen consoles. This year’s offering promises best-in-class visuals, player AI, a wide variety of experiences, and deep, varied game modes.
“Our team is proud to bring NBA 2K22 to millions of players in our community,” said Visual Concepts President Greg Thomas in a release. “This is our most expansive offering yet, and whether you love on-the-court action or prefer off-the-court experiences, there is something for anyone, anywhere to tap into the basketball world.”
NBA 2K22 New Features and Additions
- Step Up Your Game – New tactical offense meets an overhauled defense for a more competitive and immersive NBA 2K22. Skill-based dribbles, shots, dunks, and alley-oops can be countered with ferocious new blocks and contests on D.
- Your Journey, Your City – Forge your own path in college, the NBA G League, or even by jumping straight to the NBA. Be a pro off the court by growing your personal brand in the music industry, fashion world, and more. And of course, ball out against other MyPlayers in an all-new City (next-gen exclusive).
- All Aboard the Cruise – Set sail for the high seas in NBA 2K22 in the all-new Neighborhood, (on last-gen consoles and PC). Explore each level of the ship that is designed to offer various basketball activities, create your perfect MyPlayer, level up for rewards, and express yourself through both your game and your style.
- Your Dream Team – Build your dream lineup of NBA stars and legends across any era, and explore game-changing evolutions to the MyTeam experience, with each addition introduced Season after Season.
- New Seasons, New Discoveries – Every Season brings fresh opportunities to reap new rewards. Whether in MyTeam, MyCareer, or The W.
- First Fridays – New songs will be added to the soundtrack on every Friday throughout the Season. All-new partnerships with some of the most notable music labels in the world; Columbia Records, Def Jam Recordings, Low Profile/Casual Records, Ninja Tune, and Warner Records will offer music from both up-and-coming artists and world-renowned musicians.
NBA 2K22 Prices and Dual Entitlement
The Standard Edition of NBA 2K22 featuring Luka Doncic or Candace Parker on the cover is available for $59.99 on PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC. Next-gen Standard Editions will run you $69.99 and the Cross-gen Digital Bundle (for same console families) rings up at $79.99. The 75th Anniversary Edition is $99.99 across all platforms.
Are you excited for the release of NBA 2K22? What’s your favorite addition to this year’s game? What are you still waiting for 2K to add? Let us know in the comments section. For all the latest NBA 2K news, stay tuned to Sports Gamers Online.