It has been a interesting year for Xenoblade Chronicles fans. Players that have purchased the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Expansion Pass have been able to play multiple waves of downloadable content. Meanwhile, the Pyra and Mythra Smash Bros. amiibo is slated to release later this week.
However, if you thought the 2 new amiibo wouldn’t be possible to use in Xenoblade Chronicles 3, think again. Nintendo has released an update that brings the game to version 2.1.0. The update adds a new NPC, but it also adds Pyra and Mythra amiibo functionality to the game. The patch notes can be seen down below.
- Added amiibo functionality to the game for “Pyra” and “Mythra” amiibo. By scanning the amiibo in “System” > “amiibo” in the Menu Screen, you will be able to use the following special clothing items.
- Pyra amiibo Aegis Sword: Pyra (Limited to Swordfighter)
- Mythra amiibo Aegis Sword: Mythra (Limited to Swordfighter)
- A Nopon NPC, Miibomii, has appeared at Llyn Nyddwr Camp in the Fornis region. Meeting certain criteria while playing the game will also let you obtain the aforementioned Pyra and Mythra amiibo items from Miibomii.
Bug Fixes for “Future Redeemed” Fixed the following issues for Expansion Pass Wave 4, “Future Redeemed”.
- Increased the percentage chance to re-acquire Battle Manuals, Tactics Manuals, and Strategy Manuals.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to re-attempt the final battle after experiencing a party wipe.
- Fixed an issue where some players were unable to complete the Chapter 2 quest, “Pursue Glimmer”, who’s thought to have headed north-west.